Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Roses from China

My parents ordered me a beautiful bouquet and had it delivered to my office at HP today. What a lovely early birthday surprise! I thought birthdays would seem anticlimactic after I turned 25, but this unexpected joy from the other side of the world imprinted a smile on my entire day.


Tomorrow I'm having some friends over for apple pie, which Mike helped me to make last night. The dough for the crust didn't seem particularly interested in becoming a flat circle, but after the third time of starting over from scratch we managed to produce two respectable looking pies.

In other news, I sent in my security deposit for the new apartment (condo) today. This means I should have a new address in about a month, and a whole new part of town to explore!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Happy birthday!!! I'm calling you tomorrow.