Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Europe Pics

I finally posted some of my pictures from Europe. Eventually I'll add amusing and possibly informative captions, but until then you can use your imagination!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lindsay.tyson/Europe2007

On Thursday we had an HP lab party at Boondocks in the afternoon, which served as a virtual birthday party. We drove go-karts, played laser tag, hit in the batting cages (my shoulders are still feeling it!) and enjoyed some wild games of air hockey. After watching part of the baseball game in the evening, Chrissy, Brian, Shannon, Josiah and Mike came over to share some apple pie. All in all it was quite a lovely day. Then I spent the rest of the weekend in Seattle visiting Tim, Ian and VP (very pregnant) Liz. My two orchestra rehearsals on Sunday afternoon mandated a short trip, but we still managed to enjoy some silly and serious times together, including an intense round of glow-in-the-dark Rummy and a lovely dinner by Snoqualmie Falls. Oh yeah, and what's up with everyone buying condos?!

Speaking of batting cages, there seems to be some confusion about my MLB allegiance, and I feel that this issue needs to be addressed promptly. For the record: my two most beloved teams for the past 10+ years are the Angels and Braves, in that order. My subsequent favorites are the Dodgers and Indians (although I really only became a fan after moving away from Cleveland). While I thought it was impressive that the Rockies clinched the wild card in extra innings of the tiebreaker game, and that they are now on their way to the World Series, that is the extent of my interest in Colorado. I'm pretty ambivalent about most of the other teams, although I must say...some colors really weren't meant to be seen together! ;)

No comments: